Thursday, September 13, 2012

My Juvenile Delinquent

Let me preface this story by telling you that I'm anti-guns-as-play-things, as a principle. In the early days, I didn't even let Po have water guns. We used the friendlier nerdier alternatives. Enter the play date. Enter the Nerf gun. All bets were off.

Now I don't really fight it any more. I don't buy toy weapons, but I let Po do his thing with his buds, and as long as they don't actually say they are killing each other. Pretty much.

Po said to me this evening, "Mommy, there is a rule at school that you can't bring weapons."

Alarm. Alarm. Alarm. Calm. "Yes, I know. Why are you thinking about that?"

"Well, I learned today that you can't bring them and you can't make them."

Um. Alarm. Breathe. "That makes sense. Did someone bring a weapon or make a weapon today?"

"Yup."

If there was a light and siren on my head, it would have been in overdrive. "WHO?"

"Me."

"What?!!?! WHAT?! What are you talking about?"

He calmly stated. "I tried to make a nunchuk out of my strawberry bar wrapper."

Seriously. I guess that's what we get when we allow him to play Wii Music with his older brother. There is nothing that can't be made into a weapon. All boy, I tell you. No matter how hard I try.

No comments:

Post a Comment